- maintaining an updated list of accessible and affordable housing units
- providing one-on-one assistance in locating housing for people with significant disabilities who find it hard to conduct the search themselves. We can go with someone when they visit an apartment or help them access transportation to view an apartment.
- helping to complete rental applications
- negotiating with landlords and helping to apply for housing and other assistance
- informing tenants with disabilities about their fair housing and tenant rights and responsibilities
- building tenants’ skills in locating affordable and accessible housing
- helping individuals with disabilities with issues like getting reasonable accommodations and modifications to their housing and facilitating their conversations with landlords
- collaborating with housing developers and landlords to create affordable, accessible and inclusive housing.