* Parking is available in the Everson lot to capacity, Street Parking is plentiful in this area, OnCenter Garage is also available for Everson patrons for a rate of $2.50.
UNIQUE is an Art and Literary Magazine that shares the artistic visions and voices of individuals with disabilities. UNIQUE represents the power of art to express, educate, and inspire. Art comes in many forms and the creative work published in UNIQUE includes poems, paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, computer-based art, and mixed-media works.
The magazine is published annually in the fall by ARISE and distributed throughout Central New York to display the creative work of artists and writers with disabilities living in Central New York.
(download the submission packet to your computer before you open and fill out the .pdf. The form will not save if you fill it out in the web browser)
The 2018 Edition of UNIQUE is Sponsored by:
The Drescher Corporation
Tania S. Anderson
Ed and Susan Judge.
Brown & Brown Empire State
Everson Museum of Art
Download 2018 UNIQUE Magazine (PDF)
UNIQUE has four main goals:
- To publish deserving artwork and literature in recognition of its intrinsic artistic and literary value;
- To share the artistic visions and voices of individuals who have disabilities with the public, increasing awareness of the capabilities of persons with disabilities;
- To initiate conversation around art and literature that inspires, educates, and enlightens; and
- To share the experiences of persons who live with disabilities, and their joy with accomplishing freedom, success, and independence.
Calling artists and writers with disabilities in CNY. Learn more about the submission process.