Do you love working with animals? The barn volunteer will work with the barn manager and assist with haying and watering of animals as well as the cleaning and upkeep of barn and animals.
Time Commitment: At least 2 hours per week.
- Feed hay and water, as requested by staff.
- Clean stalls and paddocks.
- Notify barn manager of any animal health/barn maintenance needs.
- Interact with participants and visitors in a friendly way.
- Complete one training session each year.
- Work from a posted list of chores.
- Will NOT feed grain, hay, treats or any food items to equines without staff consent and supervision.
- Able to follow simple directions.
- Able to work in an outdoor/barn environment.
- Able to work safely around horses and other animals.
- Proper horse leading/handling techniques.
- Stall Cleaning/Stable Chores.