Submit Work to UNIQUE
Submissions for the 2017 UNIQUE magazine and exhibit will be accepted during the month of April.
Sign up to Receive the UNIQUE Call for Artists Mailing
- Artists must be at least 8 years old, live in Central New York, and have a disability of some sort.
- Artists may submit one original creative work for consideration – no kits, please.
- The original creative work must be submitted (photographs of original artwork cannot be accepted for consideration).
- Written work is limited to 450 words or fewer, and must be typed or legibly hand-written.
- All artwork must be marked on the back with the artist’s name and contact phone number.
- For abstract art, please indicate which direction is the top.
- Artistic works that cannot easily be displayed in print form (e.g. slideshows, multi-media displays, wall murals, etc.) may not be accepted for consideration. Contact the Managing Editor if you have a question about your work of art.
For questions or more information, please contact Katie Button at (315) 671-4643 or .
- April ARISE solicits submissions of original artwork and literature created by people who have a disability.
- May – June Members of the UNIQUE Editorial Board review and select the works to be included in UNIQUE.
- June Artists are informed of Editorial Board Decisions
- June – July UNIQUE Magazine is published.
- August A UNIQUE Unveiling Celebration is held. This fun event gives contributing artists the opportunity to showcase their work to family and friends in a gallery setting.
- September – Spring UNIQUE Art Exhibits on display throughout the community.