ARISE & Ski can help you take on the slopes at Toggenburg and learn how to ski. We are dedicated to ensuring that anyone who wants to is able to participate in winter sports to their fullest potential.
When do lessons run?
Lessons run every weekend for six weeks starting in January every year. The cost for the program is $160.00 and this includes all lessons, every student’s lift ticket and any equipment that the student may need. Some students may qualify for financial assistance, please contact us for more information.
How do I register for ARISE & Ski?
To register for ARISE & Ski, each participant must:
- Download and fill out the 2017 ARISE & Ski Participant Application when it becomes available.
- Return the packet to ARISE & Ski with the registration fee ($160). Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Return packets to: ARISE & Ski, 635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203. Payment should be sent in with application. If a slot isn’t available the entire amount will be refunded.
Please note, we only accept a maximum of 80 students so individuals who are interested in the program should submit their application as soon as possible.
Participants will not be counted as enrolled in the program until we receive the application.
*Adobe Reader is required to read files in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe reader for free
Who are the instructors?
Our ARISE & SKi program is officially recognized by PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America) and our directors and training staff are certified adaptive snow sports instructors with a combined 60+ years of ski teaching experience. In addition to our certified staff, we also have over 100 dedicated volunteer instructors who are trained and supervised by our certified staff. Our instructors are experienced in all forms of adaptive ski instruction, including mono-ski, bi-ski, 3 track and 4 track, blind instruction, and working with people with developmental disabilities.
Helpful links for skiers
- Purchase A Helmet – Upstate Medical University
- Helmet Information – LidsonKids.org
- Skiers Responsibility Code – National Ski Areas Association (NSAA)
- Ski Company Mountain Sports Ski Shop