Family Support Services (FSS) Group Facilitator – Art Club, Grade 2
Job Title: Family Support Services (FSS) Group Facilitator – Art Club, Grade 2
Reports to: Manager of Respite and FSS
FLSA Status/Schedule: Non-Exempt; Variable Hour
ARISE’s mission is to work with people of all abilities to create a fair and just community in which everyone can fully participate.
The FSS Group Facilitator provides assistance at FSS sponsored group programming, including large group and one-on-one assistance to individuals with a disability in various community settings. Facilitators provide safe, supportive, and quality service in keeping with ARISE’s mission and philosophy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of previous work or life experience teaching daily living skills/providing supports to individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrated use of good judgment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully complete and clear all pre-screenings, including criminal history records check, drug screen, child abuse registry, exclusions database
- Have and maintain clean NYS Driver License
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks, activities, etc.
- Ability to guide another in learning independent living skills
- Physical demands of the job include being able to:
- stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, listen and communicate appropriately
- exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects and assist people in and out of wheelchairs
- assist with personal care, including transferring and toileting as needed
- Understand and follow the Safeguards of all participating individuals in order to provide the appropriate level of oversight in various situations and to maintain the health and safety of all; review these Safeguards regularly
- Encourage socialization and participation in provided group activities to improve and enhance the individual participant’s independence
- Engage individuals in activities during group programming while ensuring supervision and safety of all participants during provision of service
- Provide assistance with personal care as necessary
- Interact in a professional manner with parents/guardians of individuals in the Art Club program
- Submit timely accurate documentation consistently, including prompt incident reporting to manager
- Uphold the codes of conduct and ethics as well as all ARISE policies and procedures
- Exercise sound judgment as a matter of course and hold protected health information and other sensitive information in the strictest of confidence in accordance with ARISE and HIPAA policies
- Act in accordance with New York State’s Office for People with Developmental Disabilities “Direct Support Professional Standardized Competencies”
- Follow the Code of Ethics developed through the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals and attend all OPWDD mandated trainings
- Complete other various duties associated with specific programming- including but not limited to transportation of participating individuals, accommodating activities for all abilities, set up and cleanup of activity as necessary, etc.
- Participation in the 401(k) plan can start as soon as the first of the calendar quarter following date of hire; employer match after one year includes 100% vesting immediately
- Free / Confidential Employee Assistance Program
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to Laura Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably in one of these formats: .doc, .rtf, or .pdf