Respite Coordinator, F/T – Onondaga County
Dept./Program: Community Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Community Services Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field –or- Associate degree and three years of experience working with individuals and/or children with developmental disabilities
- Ability to hire, supervise, train, lead, and support a team of part-time respite staff serving up to 25 individuals ages 5 to 18 who reside in Onondaga county
- Ability to track, gather, and compile data for reports, billing, and payroll approval via computer; familiarity with MS Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel between various sites to provide supervision and oversight to staff and to develop and maintain relationships with school districts and after-school programs.
- Implement policies, procedures and forms for the respite program. Manage issues related to providing respite services such as communication with school districts, parents and respite participants, scheduling of staff to ensure coverage based on participants’ expected attendance to ensure adequate supervision and safety.
- Complete intakes to enroll new consumers in the respite program when units of service are available or to ensure full utilization of existing units.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and supervise respite staff and substitute staff as needed. Conduct performance appraisals and disciplinary discussions as needed.
- Meet regularly with supervisor on best practices, program development and expansion, budget and staffing issues.
- Gather and submit documentation for Medicaid billing to the Business Office weekly.
- Collect, review, and approve bi-weekly staff payroll and mileage claims in electronic time and attendance system.
- Maintain participant records including intakes, safeguards, ISP’s, Medicaid waiver authorizations, monthly statistics, and billing documentation.
- Complete program statistics and reports as required for internal recordkeeping and funders.
- Periodically assess participant satisfaction with services
- Attend and participate in agency and departmental meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- CPR/First Aid certification is recommended
ARISE, an Equal Opportunity Employer, encourages individuals with disabilities, women, and people of minority and/or veteran status to apply.
Send resume/cover to:Human Resources, ARISE, 635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203; or fax to (315) 422-0948; or email resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org; or download and submit our Employment Application using the link below. ARISE is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about employment with ARISE. You can also download an Employment Application (PDF – 206 KB ) and click here to learn more about the agency’s employee benefits (PDF – 169 KB). Adobe Reader is required to read files in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe reader for free.