Direct Service Professional
Reports to: CSS Participant/designee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for providing a variety of habilitation/prevocational services, including Consolidated Supports and Services (CSS) planning with the individual’s circle of supports; aka “wraparound services.” Provide specific observational assessment, training and support services for CSS participant. Develop and implement services that are part of the person-centered planning objectives. Successfully integrate, to the greatest extent possible, the individual into the community according to the individual’s specific goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct services in a one on one setting that will address identified needs and assist the individual in developing and maintaining more independence in the community. Such duties may Include, but are not limited to assisting individuals: in classroom settings; with personal care needs; with career exploration; and as otherwise stated in the CSS plan.
- Develop services that will improve consumer functioning in areas where specific needs have been identified.
- Assist in developing CSS plan with specific goals and activities that will meet habilitation/prevocational goals. Coordinate plan implementation with the individual’s designated team.\
- Complete related reporting, tracking and statistical information documentation within stated deadlines.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled by supervisor. Unless otherwise noted, attendance at these events is mandatory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent with minimum one year direct care experience with individuals with OPW/DD disabilities required; Associates degree in a human service related field preferred.
- Must have and maintain clean, valid NYS driver license.
- Must have reliable vehicle, with current registration, inspection, and insurance
- Moderate mental and visual application needed to: prepare and analyze data; read and assist with higher education studies; operate personal computer proficiently.
- Able to stoop, kneel, reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, talk and hear.
- Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, to move objects and to assist people in and out of wheelchairs.
- Able to work in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Maintain professional conduct , with appropriate detachment from personal involvements with the consumer(s) and / or their family members
ARISE, an Equal Opportunity Employer, encourages individuals with disabilities, women, and people of minority and/or veteran status to apply.
Send resume/cover to:Human Resources, ARISE, 635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203; or fax to (315) 422-0948; or email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com; or download and submit our Employment Application using the link below. ARISE is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about employment with ARISE. You can also download an Employment Application (PDF – 206 KB ). Adobe Reader is required to read files in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe reader for free.