Our Habilitation Programs help people with developmental disabilities learn, improve, or maintain independent living skills both within the home and in the community.
What types of Habilitation Programs do you offer?
Your Habilitation Coordinator will work with you to develop an individualized plan based on your interests and needs to help you achieve your personal goals. We currently offer three types of programs:
- Individual Day Habilitation provides 1-to-1 service that can take place both in the home and in the community.
- Group Day Habilitation is offered Monday through Friday during the day at our program site at 635 James Street, Syracuse. Although Group Day Hab is a site-based program, there are many opportunities to participate in the community.
- Community Habilitation offers services that can be provided 1-to-1 or in small groups up to four people. Services can be provided both in the home and in the community.
What services are offered?
Our Habilitation Programs can help you improve independent living skills like:
- Household tasks (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- Money management (basic math skills, budgeting, etc.)
- Health and personal hygiene skills
- Social skills and strategies for behavior modification
- Life safety skills
- Career exploration through volunteering
- Communication skills
- And more!
Am I eligible?
In order to sign up for our Habilitation Programs, you must first establish eligibility through the NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities Front Door.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us to learn more.