Camp Health Director, Grade 7
Reports to: Camp Director
Job Summary: The Camp Health Director is responsible for the health and safety of campers. Oversees the camp’s sanitation as well as implementation of the written safety plans’ medical components.
- Review camper applications particularly the confidential health history information for completeness of immunizations, medication requirements, alerts to allergies, seizure disorders, special medical needs, dietary restrictions, and/or any existing communicable disease, emergency contacts and physician information (physician’s name, address and telephone number)
- Review and maintain campers’ confidential medical histories; follow up and update with additional information, as updates occur, to ensure health and safety of campers
- Oversee initial health screening of campers and daily surveillance of the camp participants
- Maintain the camp medical log
- Inspect First Aid Kits locations and contents, and preorder necessary supplies to avoid shortages
- Respond to medical emergencies; treat injuries immediately; refer cases needing follow up to appropriate providers in timely medically responsible manner
- Report incidents in a timely manner to ARISE Director of Quality as well as Supervisor and parents, as appropriate
- Provide assistance with toileting, personal hygiene and administer medications according to each camper’s needs
- Review information detailing the disabilities of program participants against activity schedule to help determine support strategies necessary for participation in program activities. Assist Camp Director with any accommodations necessary for campers’ participation in inclusive recreation
- Uphold the codes of conduct and ethics as well as all ARISE policies and procedures
- Exercise sound judgment as a matter of course and hold protected health information and other sensitive information in the strictest of confidence in accordance with ARISE and HIPAA policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Registered Nurse
- Current Certification in Responding to First Aid issued by the American Red Cross or an Agency approved by the State Commissioner of Health
- Current certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer issued by the American Red Cross or another agency approved by the State Commissioner of Health
- A working knowledge of providing accommodations for children with developmental disabilities into inclusive social, recreational and educational activities
ARISE, an Equal Opportunity Employer, encourages individuals with disabilities, women, and people of minority and/or veteran status to apply. You can read our EEO Policy Statement here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about employment with ARISE. Please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, ARISE, 635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203; or fax to (315) 422-0948; or email resume in MS Word or PDF format to Laura Jones at . You can also download an Employment Application (PDF). Adobe Reader is required to read files in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe reader for free.
Our Non-Discrimination Policy
ARISE provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
ARISE upholds the Americans with Disabilities Act and all applicable laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment, ensuring equal opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. ARISE also provides reasonable accommodations for such individuals in accordance with these laws.